Jack Petchey Awards
The Jack Petchey Achievement Award scheme is an initiative which enables schools and youth organisations in London and Essex to celebrate the achievements of their young people.
The awards are open to young people aged 11 to 25 and each winner receives £250 to be spent on something of their choice that will benefit their Section or Group. This could be used to organise a fun activity for their section, a nights-away experience, or to purchase equipment. Each winner is also invited to a celebration event in January where they receive a framed certificate and badge and have the chance to share their achievements.
Nominations can be submitted at any time and will be considered by the committee as they are received. The committee no longer holds dedicated selection meetings.
Once the nomination has been successful, the following process occurs:
- The nominee will be notified they have received an award.
- Once the expenditure form is returned, the £250 is sent to a recognised account for their section/group/etc.
- Once the event/activity has been run and paid for, the receipts must be sent to the Jack Petchey Secretary as soon as possible as proof.
Failure to follow the above process in a reasonable time will lead to the Award Scheme requiring the prize money to be returned and could lead to the District being suspended from the Scheme.
Note: The two nomination forms can be signed digitally by clicking on the signature box. More information on how to sign a PDF digitally for different devices can be found here.
(Chrome’s built-in PDF viewer doesn’t allow digital signing so you will have to download the forms.)
Awards for Gallantry and Meritorious Conduct
The Scout Association has a number of awards to recognise special acts of heroism and bravery, courage or endurance, and devotion to duty under suffering. These awards are available to all members of Scouting including Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers and Network.
The awards available are:
- Awards for Gallantry – Gilt Cross, Silver Cross and Bronze Cross.
- Awards for Meritorious Conduct – Chief Scout’s Commendation for Meritorious Conduct and Medal for Meritorious Conduct
- Cornwell Scout Badge
Awards for Good Service
The Scout Association has a number of awards to recognise the good service of adults within Scouting.
The awards available are:
- The Chief Scout’s Commendation for Good Service
- The Award for Merit
- The Bar to the Award for Merit
- The Silver Acorn
- The Bar to the Silver Acorn
- The Silver Wolf
- The Chief Scout’s Personal Award
- The Thanks Badge
- The Commissioner’s Commendation Award